Ontario RV Insurance & Travel Trailer Insurance

Knowing you have an Ontario RV insurance broker in the driver seat, lets you relax as you hit the open road

Get a Quote Online
Contact an Insurance Broker

Do you love hitting the open road and seeking adventure in a travel trailer? Then you need an Ontario RV insurance broker in the driver seat.

What does Ontario RV insurance cover?

Travel trailer insurance in Ontario is similar to automobile insurance, but is more comprehensive and specialized to provide protection for the following vehicles:

  • Fifth-wheels
  • Pop-up campers
  • Stationary travel trailers
  • Park model travel trailers
  • Truck-mounted campers

What kind of insurance do you need for an RV?

Comprehensive/Collision Coverage

Protects your travel trailer from damages such as fire, landslide, windstorm, vandalism and collision with another vehicle or objects.

Liability-only Travel Trailer Policy

Protects your travel trailer against accidental damage to other people’s property or personal injury to individuals not listed on your policy.

Additional Ontario RV Insurance Considerations

  • Emergency Expenses: Protection in case of a breakdown or damage to your travel trailer.
  • Accessories Endorsements: For items attached to your trailer
  • Full-timer Trailer Coverage: For those who live in their travel trailer most of the year.
  • Campsite/Vacation Liability: Coverage while your travel trailer is parked in an RV park.
  • Low Branch Collision: Protection against damages from low-hanging branches to your trailer, awnings and air conditioning units.
  • Towing and Roadside Assistance
  • Total Loss Replacement

What are the benefits of RV insurance in Ontario?

Since your trailer is more than just your vehicle, you need insurance that covers more than a typical car insurance policy. Consider the following:

  • You store things in your travel trailer that you wouldn't keep in your car, including jewellery, a computer, television, outdoor camping gear, or video camera.
  • When parking your trailer at a campsite, you're liable for other people's safety around your trailer.
  • If you have an accident while travelling, you'll need a place to stay while the trailer is being repaired.

Without an Ontario RV insurance policy, none of these would be covered in the event of a loss.


What is RV insurance?

  • RV insurance protects you if you cause damage to others, including injuries. It also covers physical damage to the trailer/RV if sudden or accidental.

Do I need RV insurance?

  • Yes, RV insurance is required by law to have at least liability coverage. Think of it as auto insurance. Finance companies, as well as trailer parks (if the RV is permanently parked) would require you to carry insurance.

What RV insurance do I need?

  • You will need to speak with your broker to determine the proper coverage for you. It varies depending on many factors. For example, if it is parked or driven, if it is a towed trailer, motorhome, etc.

Does RV insurance cover water damage?

  • If you have the proper coverage - full coverage, not just liability coverage. Not all companies offer this coverage.

Will RV insurance cover rodent damage?

  • This would be covered in comprehensive coverage. Not all companies offer this coverage.

Will RV insurance cover frozen pipes/freeze damage?

  • This coverage is generally not included in your policy. Proper maintenance and upkeep on your RV/Trailer will be needed to prevent this from happening.

Your Ontario RV Insurance Broker is Here to Help

Before you hit the road, call Scrivens today at 613-236-9101 to learn more about your travel trailer insurance options. If you're already a client, sign in to Scrivens Online to find your broker's contact details.

Contact an

Ontario RV Insurance & Travel Trailer Insurance


Please describe your insurance requirements:*
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
You will be contacted shortly to provide more information about you and your vehicle. In the meantime, please complete this form and email it to info@scrivens.ca.
For immediate assistance, contact one of our dedicated car insurance brokers at (613) 236-9101
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Fields marked with * are required.