Do you love hitting the open road and seeking adventure in a travel trailer? Then you need an Ontario RV insurance broker in the driver seat.
What does Ontario RV insurance cover?
Travel trailer insurance in Ontario is similar to automobile insurance, but is more comprehensive and specialized to provide protection for the following vehicles:
- Pop-up campers
- Stationary travel trailers
- Park model travel trailers
- Truck-mounted campers
What kind of insurance do you need for an RV?
Protects your travel trailer from damages such as fire, landslide, windstorm, vandalism and collision with another vehicle or objects.
Liability-only Travel Trailer Policy
Protects your travel trailer against accidental damage to other people’s property or personal injury to individuals not listed on your policy.
Additional Ontario RV Insurance Considerations
- Emergency Expenses: Protection in case of a breakdown or damage to your travel trailer.
- Accessories Endorsements: For items attached to your trailer
- Full-timer Trailer Coverage: For those who live in their travel trailer most of the year.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability: Coverage while your travel trailer is parked in an RV park.
- Low Branch Collision: Protection against damages from low-hanging branches to your trailer, awnings and air conditioning units.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance
- Total Loss Replacement
What are the benefits of RV insurance in Ontario?
Since your trailer is more than just your vehicle, you need insurance that covers more than a typical car insurance policy. Consider the following:
- You store things in your travel trailer that you wouldn't keep in your car, including jewellery, a computer, television, outdoor camping gear, or video camera.
- When parking your trailer at a campsite, you're liable for other people's safety around your trailer.
- If you have an accident while travelling, you'll need a place to stay while the trailer is being repaired.
Without an Ontario RV insurance policy, none of these would be covered in the event of a loss.
Your Ontario RV Insurance Broker is Here to Help
Before you hit the road, call Scrivens today at 613-236-9101 to learn more about your travel trailer insurance options. If you're already a client, sign in to Scrivens Online to find your broker's contact details.