Employer-sponsored benefits plans can help organizations provide more than drug and dental coverage for their employees. As a dedicated insurance broker, we will help you craft a plan that is tailored specifically for your needs.
What are Group Benefits Plans?
An employer's business is only as good as its employees. As such, to retain employees and keep them engaged, healthy, and appreciated, it's important to offer a comprehensive benefits program. Typically, when sponsoring a group benefits plan, employers will hire a group insurance provider who insures the plan members. pays out claims and runs the various aspects of the program.
While programs are often customized on an employer basis, organizations have the option to sponsor benefits like:
- Extended health care: This benefit reimburses eligible medical expenses not covered by an employee's provincial plan. This can include coverage for prescription drugs, vision care, hospital care, medical services and equipment, paramedical services, and assistance with out-of-proving emergency travel.
- Group life insurance: In the event that a plan member dies while enrolled, this benefit is paid out to their family. The benefit itself is typically based on a multiple of the plan member's earnings or a fixed amount.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance: This benefit pays out to an employee should they become paralyzed or lose their hearing, eyesight, or ability to speak in an accident. What's more, should the employee die accidentally, the benefit would be paid out to his/her family.
- Dental care coverage: This benefit covers preventative and diagnostic dental treatments for your employees.
- Disability benefit plans: This benefit is designed to replace a portion of a plan member's income should they become ill or injured and can no longer work.
- Paramedic Services
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- And more!
Provincial plans provide limited levels of coverage for employees. This makes group benefits plans all the more attractive, helping you stand out and retain quality workers. To get started contact one of our specialists today!