As mobile device usage soars, it’s becoming increasingly important to take steps to protect your company from mobile threats, both new and old.
Lost or Stolen Devices: All phones and tablets should be locked with a password or PIN and the device should automatically lock after a short period of time (ie. 30 seconds).
Malicious Attacks: Employees should never install unauthorized apps to company devices. It’s important to never pay a ransom if ransomware finds its way onto a company device; your willingness to pay will place a huge target on your business.
- Establish a Mobile Device Policy
- Establish a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy
- Keep the devices updated with the most current software and antivirus programs
- Back up device content regularly
- Choose passwords carefully
Scrivens has worked with industry experts to craft sample mobile device policies. Contact us today to obtain your copy!