Filing an Insurance Claim
For emergency claims assistance after 5 PM, please call 1-800-267-3542
No matter the type of insurance claim you are reporting, the first step is to always contact your insurance broker.
How to file an AUTO Claim
- Contact police.
Obtain information about other people involved in the accident or anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Phone number
- Insurance carrier
- Policy number
- Take photos of the accident site, if possible.
- Have the vehicle towed to a repair facility if it cannot be driven.
- If the vehicle is drivable, obtain an estimate for repair.
- The claims adjuster will review the estimate and may send an appraiser to see the vehicle.
- The claims adjuster will deal directly with the claimant or his or her attorney.
Expect to be contacted by the claims adjuster within two working days.
- If the damage significantly affects your continuing operations, we will request that the insurance carrier expedite your claim.
- Please let us know immediately if your circumstances change and this loss will have a greater impact on your or your business than originally anticipated.
How to file a PROPERTY Claim
Protect property from further damage.
- Cover the property if it is exposed to the elements.
- Make temporary repairs, if reasonable and necessary.
- Maintain a record of all expenses incurred.
- Take photos of damage (if possible).
- Prepare an inventory of damaged person property.
- Retain damaged property until a claims adjuster approves its disposal (unless a danger to safety exists).
- Notify police in the case of theft.
- Expect to be contacted by the claims adjuster within two working days. Please call Scrivens Insurance and Investment Solutions if you have not been contacted within that time frame.
- Be prepared to provide additional information as requested by the claims adjuster.