The Canadian Construction Association released the COVID-19 Standardized Protocols for All Canadian Construction Sites, which includes best practices for construction organizations to use to protect their workers and others from COVID-19 while continuing safe operations.
- Signage with relevant COVID-19 updates is clearly posted.
- All workers exercise practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Non-essential travel is not authorized.
- Workers capable of working remotely must do so.
- Detailed tracking of workers’ status on-and off-site is kept.
- Additional cleaning measures are enforced in all common areas.
- Access to commonly shared devices is limited.
- Workers are isolated to their teams or zones as much as is possible.
- In-person meetings are limited in quantity and attendees.
- Workers must not show symptoms such as fever, tiredness or coughing.
- Workers must not have been outside Canada in the last 14 days.
- Workers must not have had contact with anyone infected with COVID-19.
Potentially exposed individuals must abide by the following:
- Self-isolate and not come to work.
- Contact their supervisor or HR department.
- Contact local health authorities for further direction.