Group Life, Health, Disability, Dental Insurance
Many employers in Ottawa, and even Canada, provide group insurance coverage to their employees. These policies are important because they protect employees and their families and provide access to many types of additional health care.
Many group insurance plans include the following coverage:
- Life insurance for employees or dependents: in the event of death of an employee or one of his or her dependents, an amount is paid to the beneficiaries
- Disability insurance (wage loss replacement): employees receive a portion of his or her salary in the event of disability
Health insurance (medical care): provides coverage in addition to provincial healthcare plans. Several expenses are reimbursed at least in part, including:
- Prescription drugs
- Paramedical care (e.g.: chiropractor, physiotherapist, osteopath, etc.)
- Medical supplies and devices (e.g.: crutches, hearing aids, etc.)
- Eye examinations
- Emergency during international travel
- Dental care: reimbursement of certain expenses incurred when visiting the dentist (e.g. cleaning, examinations, fillings, etc.)
- Accidental death and dismemberment: an amount may be paid in case of death or dismemberment (e.g.: paraplegia, amputation, etc.) in the event of a serious accident
Employee assistance program: additional service provided to employees and their families, which typically includes:
- Consultation with psychological professionals
- Consultation with legal professionals
GET A QUOTE
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Enter your email to stay up to date with all the latest insurance and financial news and tips. You can unsubscribe at any time.